We started with making our names in colorful tree lights. Students had to tell how many letters were in their name, count out their lights, write the letters in their name, and then string them together. Students also made parent gifts :) Students practiced giving a gingerbread kid a trail to follow by going to the numbers in order.
Students also practices the Gingerbread show that went WONDERFULLY last night. If anyone has pictures they would like on the school facebook page or would like to share with the rest of the parents, I can collect them in my email and make a google album to share with all parents. If you would like to share, send them to my email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chippy continued to get into mischief in out room through out the week!
- Monday, he was hanging out on our tree
- Tuesday, he got all wrapped up in the tape while making an art project on our board
- Wednesday he made a snow angel in the dots from our hole punch
- Thursday, he took a nap in our kleenex box!
Each week we watch letter videos from "Have Fun Teaching" and the students are really picking up the names of letters, formations, and the sounds of letters. Check out these videos with you child! Click HERE.
The Tuesday project of letter of the week is to decorate a letter with something that starts with the letter. This week we decorated the letter U with their drink Umbrellas. On Thursday, our letter of the week project was to read a page from our alphabet book, U is for Umbrella.
Special note about Dress up Days:
Because next week is so festive, we will be having dress up days.
- Monday, kids can wear holiday colors, ugly sweaters, etc. All clothing must fit into our dress code (1 inch straps, Mid-thigh (close to the knee), closed toed shoes, no midriff showing, etc)
- Tuesday, kids can wear pajamas, slippers, and bring stuffed animals. Please wear the appropriate clothing/shoes to school for traveling and walking in the snow. A snow storm is predicted to start on Tuesday so we want kids warm during travel. All clothing must fit into our dress code (1 inch straps, Mid-thigh (close to the knee), closed toed shoes, no midriff showing, etc)
Schedule of Events for December:
Letter of the Week: None
Snack: School Supplied/Left Overs